Opening Packages and Plant Acclimation
First, thank you for your purchase! We clean and review all plants during the fulfillment process to ensure your plants arrive healthy.
Secondly, we wish you much happiness with your plants and recommend the following approach when opening your package:
- Open the side of the box where the UPS label faces you. *It is recommended to cut the side of the box using box cutters if it is a large box.*
- Packages are filled with poly-fill and/or biodegradable peanuts to ensure the plant leaves are protected during shipping.
- All plants are sold and shipped fully rooted, in their pots to help the acclimation process.
- All plants are zip-tied to the box towards the bottom and back of the box. Heavy-duty scissors or wire cutters should be used to snip the zip-tie; if you can cut from the outside of the box, even better!
- Plants are placed in sleeves and the soil is covered with sphagnum moss and wrapped in plastic. This secures the root ball, prevents leaks, and retains some moisture during the trip.
- Dispose the plastic wrap and remove the moss. If the soil is compact, you can poke some holes to help aerate the roots and soil.
- Place in a bright location with indirect sunlight, away from a/c vents and heaters.
- Ensure humidity is present for tropical plants; humidifiers are a great tool to help reach comfortable humidity levels for your plants.
- Feel the soil upon arrival; if the top three inches of soil are dry, go ahead and give it a good watering. If soil is moist, water once the soil has dried out a bit.
- And remember to take photos/videos and tag us @dadeplantco
- Enjoy your plants!
- If you have any concerns or questions, please do not hesitate to contact us via IG @dadeplantco or email us at email@example.com.