Opening packages and plant acclimation
First, thank you for your purchase. We clean and review all plants during the fulfillment process to ensure the plant is healthy. Secondly, we wish you much happiness with your plant(s) and recommend the following approach when opening your package:
- Open the side of the box where the UPS label faces you. *It is recommended to cut the side of the box using box cutters if it is a large box.
- Packages are filled with poly-fil and biodegradable peanuts to ensure the plant leaves are protected during shipping.
- All plants are sold and shipped fully rooted, in their pots to help the acclimation process.
- All plants are zip-tied to the box towards the bottom and back of the box. Heavy-duty scissors or wire cutters should be used to snip the zip-tie.
- Some plants are placed in sleeves with the pot bagged and wrapped in plastic. This secures the root ball, prevents leaks, and retains some moisture during the trip.
- Dispose the plastic wrap and remove the moss. If the soil is compact, you can poke some holes to help aerate the roots and soil.
- Place in a bright location with indirect sunlight, away from a/c vents and heaters.
- Ensure humidity is present; misting the leaves of your humidity loving plants in the morning or afternoon is beneficial.
- Do not water thoroughly until the top soil is dry.
- If you have any concerns or questions, please do not hesitate to contact us via IG @dadeplantco or email us at email@example.com.